Get Started: setup Viber on your Windows 10 PC or Tablet
Setting up Viber is quick and easy. Soon you'll have instant access to free calls and messages, fun stickers, and so much more!
Before you begin the setup instructions make sure both your desktop and smartphone have a strong internet connection!
Also check that all of the correct ports are open --> Check here.
Make sure you are running Viber version 6.0 or above on your smartphone!How to Setup Viber to Sync with your Smartphone:
1. Install Viber on your Windows 10 Tablet or PC
2. Open Viber
3. Is Viber installed on your smartphone? Click Yes
4. Enter your phone number in the following format:
Choose your country from the drop-down menu
Enter your phone number (without spaces, leading zeros (0s), or exit codes)
Unable to scan the QR code? Try the following alternative options:
1. Use the "selfie" side of your camera
If your camera is not working, is broken, or is not picking up the QR code you can try to use the selfie camera to scan the QR code as well.
1. Click the selfie button
2. Scan the code using your selfie camera
2. Send yourself your secret identification key
1. On the bottom of the scan your QR screen, choose My camera is not working. What can I do?
2. Click Copy - to copy your secret identification key
3. Send this copied key to your smartphone - via email or message
4. Open the message on your smartphone
5. Click the link, then choose Open to open in Viber.
6. Select Approve and then Yes
7. Your secondary device should now be activated, you can continue with the setup process!
6. Using your smartphone scanner, scan the QR code on your Tablet
That's it! Viber should now be setup on your Tablet.
Running a Viber version on your smartphone below 6.0?
If you are using an older version of Viber on your smartphone, you may not have full functionality or all of the awesome Viber features. If you can, we recommend updating.*
If you are using an older version, instead of scanning a QR code you'll receive an activation code from Viber.
The code will arrive to your smartphone as a Viber message - not an SMS.
1. Enter the code in Viber's Activation screen on your Desktop
2. Agree to the User License Agreement
3. Click Enter Viber
4. Enter your info or login with Facebook
* If you cannot update to the latest Viber version, you can still use Viber, but you may experience issues that have already been fixed in our later versions. We won't be able to fix or troubleshoot technical issues on an old Viber version.
Still not able to activate? Let us know
Last Updated -