Public Account Naming Policy
You’ve taken the first steps towards creating your Public Account and opening yourself to the possibility of connecting with over 800 million of our global users. Now you just have to pick an exciting, relevant name for your account.
When naming your Public Account it is important to choose a name that accurately reflects the content in your Public Account. You must be an authorized representative to create or manage a Public Account for a brand, place, organization, or public figure. This ensures their protection and authenticity as well as transparency for Viber users.
We’ve outlined the guidelines for naming your Public Account below:
Names must not:
- Include names of a business or brand that is not your own business or brand or that you are not authorized to use.
- Include names of a business or brand that by using violates copyright or trademark laws.
- Include misleading words that may make others think the Public Account is an official Public Account of a brand, name, organization, or public figure.
- Include any variation of the word “Viber”.
- Include words with improper capitalization - they should use grammatically correct capitalization and not include all capital letters, except for acronyms.
- Include symbols or excessive punctuation - unless it is part of a registered trademark.
- Violate the personal, privacy, or proprietary rights of a third party.
Keep these guidelines in mind while naming your Public Account and enjoy using Viber Public Accounts to connect with people all over the world and share good vibes.
Last Updated -