Invite people to join your group chat* with a direct link.
*You must be a group admin in order to send a group invitation.
Invite a Viber user
Invite a non-Viber user
How to send a group invitation
Disable a group invitation
Group invitation link not working
When you invite someone who is already a Viber user, all they need to do is tap on the link you sent and they are directed straight to your chat.
You can send the link to your group to someone who is not a Viber user and they will be invited to join Viber.
When they tap on the link they are redirected to their app store to download Viber. Once they have downloaded and activated Viber they will be directed straight to the group.
Back to top
From a group chat screen:
1. Tap on the add participant button at the top of the screen
2. Tap on Share group link
3. Choose how you want to share the link - through Viber, by copying and pasting the link elsewhere or through another app on your phone
From the chat info screen:
1. Tap on the share group link button
2. Choose how you want to share the link - through Viber, by copying and pasting the link elsewhere or through another app on your phone.
3. Choose the contacts you wish to send the invitation link to
From the chat box menu:
1. Tap on the menu button
2. Scroll down until you find Share group link
3. Choose how you want to share the link - through Viber, by copying and pasting the link elsewhere or through another app on your phone.
If you want to change your group invitation link, you can disable the current link and get a new one. You can only have one group invitation link at a time.
When you disable the old link it can't be used by anyone who already has it. A new link is created for you to use in the future.
1. Tap on share group link
2. Tap on disable group link
3. Confirm that you want to disable this link and create a new one
Have you been sent a group invitation, but when you tap on the link, it's not working? This could be why:
Do you have Viber version 6.9.5 or newer? If not, update your Viber app now!
Is the person who sent you the invitation saved as a contact in your phone? If not, the message may have been marked as spam and won't work. Save the sender as a contact and try again.
The link may no longer be available. Chat admins can choose to disable a group invitation link, and if that is what has happened you won't be able to use it to access the group.
Are you trying to open the link on a Desktop app? Group invitations aren't available on Desktop just yet. Either open your mobile app and try again or scan the QR code you can see on your Desktop screen.
Back to top
Last Updated -