Translate a text message sent to you in a different language - directly in your chat screen! Messages can be translated in 1on1 chats, group chats, Public Chats and Communities.
How does the translation feature work?
Translate a message
Security and privacy
Change translated language
If you receive a message in a different language to the one you have registered Viber on, you have the option to translate it by tapping on the message.
The message will be translated back into your Viber language by default, but you can also choose to translate it into another language.
Back to top
1. Long tap on a message to bring up the message options
2. Tap Translate
3. Choose Continue when asked to confirm you want to send the message to Google Translate
4. You will see the original message with the translation below it
Please note: It may take a few seconds for the message to be translated.
Translated messages are provided by an external company - usually Google Translate.
When you send your message for translation, it is no longer encrypted, and it may be placed on the translation service's servers when translating the messages.
Back to top
A message will be translated into your Viber language as default. You can choose to translate the message into a different language.
In the app:
1. Open the more screen
2. Tap on Settings
3. Tap Calls and messages
4. Scroll down to Message translation
5. Choose a language to set as default
On a translated message:
1. Long tap on the translated message
2. Tap Language open the list of languages available
3. Scroll down until you find the language you are looking for
4. Tap on Done to change the language
Once you choose a different language it will become the default language the next time you translate a message.
Last Updated -