Get started on Viber for Desktop
Add Viber to your computer to make keeping in touch even easier! Once set up, you don’t need to connect your phone to use Viber from your computer, so you can still chat on Viber if your phone is offline - or not with you. Even better, when you use Viber on your computer you don’t use up any phone battery.
The desktop app is fully synced with Viber on your phone - so you can see all your chats on every device you have Viber on.
It takes just minutes to set up Viber for Desktop.
Get Viber for Desktop
How to scan a QR code
Camera not working?
Did you know? You can add Viber for Desktop to more than one computer!
Before you start:
Make sure you have the latest version of Viber on your phone.
1. Download and open the desktop app: https://www.viber.com/download/
2. Open Viber on your phone
3. Open the menu screen
4. Tap QR Code
5. Scan the QR code on the computer screen with your phone
Once you have opened the QR scanner on your phone:
1. Hold the phone up to the code on your computer screen
2. Keep it there until you see confirmation that your phone has read the code
That’s it! You now have Viber on your computer.
See the other ways a QR code makes using Viber easy here.
Back to top
If your camera is not working, and you can’t read the QR code, you can create an identification key to activate your desktop app.
1. Click on Camera doesn’t work?
2. Copy the key code which appears as a popup on your screen
3. Send this code to your phone
4. Open the message on your phone and tap Open to open the link on Viber
5. Select Approve/ Yes to activate Viber on your computer
Back to top
Last Updated -