How do I send photos and videos from my Android device?
Last Updated -
- Open a message
- Select the icon to the left of the Compose field
- Choose either Take Photo, Take Video, or open the Gallery to upload media from your device
Some more information about your options:
- Take Photo – This option will enable your device’s camera and allow you to take a photo. You will then have the option to Save or Discard the image. Choosing Save will prepare the image in a text box and allow you to describe the image. Choosing Discard will delete the photo.
- Take Video – This option will enable Viber's video recorder and allow you to take a video. Take a video up to 3 minutes long, add a description, save the video to your gallery, and send it on to your friends! Learn more here.
- Gallery – This option will access your device’s photo gallery and allow you to choose photo(s) or a video to send. You may only send 1 video at a time and you cannot send photos and videos at the same time. To send more than one photo:
- Select the photos you would like to send (maximum: 10) - You can now send photos from more than one gallery!
- After you have selected the photos click done. On the next screen you can swipe the screen left to browse the photos you have chosen and add a description to each (optional).
- Once you have done browsing and adding optional descriptions click the send button.
(Photos are compressed to the maximum photo size of 250 KB.)
After you have sent or received a photo or video, you can press and hold the media file in the conversation for a menu to view, delete, forward via Viber, or share the file.
Did you find this article helpful?