|Important note: Access codes are sent via SMS for security reasons and cannot be sent via e-mail at any time, under any circumstance. Please continue reading below for information on how to obtain your access code via phone call, if you are unable to receive SMS.|
I have not received an access code
- Check your phone number. Make sure you have entered the correct phone number. Choose a country code from the list and apply your phone number without spaces, leading zeros (0s), or exit codes. Example: For the Finland number 358-555-55-555, enter “55555555” in the Phone number field
- Check your mobile network and roaming status. Make sure you have a strong cellular (GSM) signal and are able to receive SMS messages
- Tip: Check to see if you are able to receive SMS messages by sending one to yourself.
If you are abroad, you may need to turn roaming on to receive the activation SMS.
If you are unable to turn roaming on, follow the steps below:
Please note: In such cases, your Viber ID will be the number you provided and not the original number entered. Make sure to use a trusted number for this purpose.
- Try automatic callback. If you still have not received an SMS message with your four-digit access code, use the automatic callback option to receive your code by telephone call. To learn more about automatic callback, please click here.
I have entered my access code and received an “Invalid Code” message
- Check the access code. Make sure to enter the four-digit access code exactly as it appears in the SMS message received
- Try automatic callback. If you are unable to receive SMS messages, use the automatic callback option to receive your code by telephone call. To learn more about automatic callback, please click here.
- Multiple registrations. If you sent more than three (3) code requests, the system may block your account for 24 hours. If this is the case, uninstall and then reinstall Viber after 24 hours. Then, register your access code again
If you continue to experience issues with your access code, please open a support ticket and a support agent will contact you.