Get Started: setting up Viber on your Linux
Update November 2019: Get the latest version of Viber for Desktop on Linux now. This update contains all the latest features available on Viber for Desktop.
Viber for Linux PC allows you to use Viber straight from your computer while syncing to Viber on your smartphone. Setting up is quick and easy, just make sure Viber on your smartphone is up-to-date.
Before you begin the setup instructions make sure both your desktop and smartphone have a strong internet connection.
Also check that all of the correct ports are open.
How to Setup Viber:
1. Make sure you are running Viber version 6.0 and above on your smartphone
2. Download and install Viber for Linux
3. Double-click the installation file
4. Select Install
5. Type your password and select Authenticate
6. Double-click the Viber icon from your Applications folder
7. Do you have Viber on your smartphone? Choose Yes.
8. Enter your phone number in the following format:
Choose your country from the dropdown menu
Enter your phone number (without spaces, leading zeros (0s), or exit codes)
9. Click "Scan with my phone" to scan the QR code
10. Using your smartphone scanner, scan the QR code on your Desktop app
That’s it! Viber is now setup on your Linux and you can connect freely!
Running a Viber version on your smartphone below 6.0?
If you are using an older version of Viber on your smartphone, you may not have full functionality or all of the awesome Viber features. If you can, we recommend updating.*
Please note if you are using a BlackBerry 10 you will not be able to activate and run Viber on your Desktop.
If you are using an older version, instead of scanning a QR code you'll receive an activation code from Viber.
The code will arrive to your smartphone as a Viber message - not an SMS.
1. Enter the code in Viber's Activation screen on your Desktop
2. Agree to the User License Agreement
3. Click Enter Viber
4. Enter your info or login with Facebook
* If you cannot update to the latest Viber version, you can still use Viber, but you may experience issues that have already been fixed in our later versions. We won't be able to fix or troubleshoot technical issues on an old Viber version.
Last Updated -