Search for interesting content in-chat with Chat Extensions
Search Chat Extensions in-chat, and add something special to your chats.
With Chat Extensions you can search, find, and share GIFs, stickers, songs, calendar entries, locations, and more, without ever leaving your chat.
Get started by tapping the Chat Extensions button in the chat menu.
Searching with Chat Extensions
Chat Extension suggestions
Examples of suggestions trigger words
Save your favorite content
Browse Chat Extensions
Open any chat on Viber (1on1, group, or Community), and tap on the search button to open Chat Extensions.
The Chat Extensions you have used before are shown under Recents at the top of the search screen. Tap any of them to search them.
Perform a new search
1. Choose the Chat Extension you want to use from the list
2. Type in your search term
3. Any time you stop typing, the extension will search for items that match your query
4. Tap on the content you want to add to your chat
Back to top
Get suggestions for stickers or GIFs to add to your 1on1 or group chat as you type a message.
1. Start typing a message to your friends
2. If your message contains certain keywords, the icon for Chat Extensions will change
3. Tap the button to see suggestions for stickers or GIFs that you can add to the chat
4. Tap on any one suggestion to send it in the chat
Chat Extension suggestions only appear if you type in the exact phrase that we have set in advance (see the list below). These phrases are really generic, for example, happy birthday, or good morning. If you don't write the exact phrase, suggestions won't open.
Suggestions are only shown before you send your message. If you send your message or delete your words, the suggestion will disappear.
Suggestions are triggered when you write specific phrases. These phrases are very general, usually around current events, holidays, day to day celebrations, and so on.
The list may change every so often, and not every phrase is available in every language. Some languages may have more trigger words.
The current list of phrases includes:
|happy birthday||love||good morning|
|hi||thank you||miss you|
Save the GIFs, videos, and articles that you like and send often in the Favorites extension.
Find Favorites in first place in your recent extensions.
1. Long tap on any GIF, video, or article you want to save
2. Choose Save to Favorites
3. It will automatically be saved in Favorites
Use this saved content another time:
1. In any chat, open Chat Extensions
2. Open Saved
3. Tap on the link, GIF, or video to send it in the chat
If you didn't find what you were looking for in one extension, switch to a different one and take a look there.
All the extensions available are listed in the extensions tab. Scroll down the list to find a new extension to open.
The Chat Extensions you have opened and searched in the past are listed under Recents at the top of the screen. We don't save a search history for any of the extensions you have used in the past.
Back to top
Last Updated -