Public Chats are becoming Communities
Over the next few weeks, most Public Chats on Viber that you follow will become Communities. They will still be the public chats you chose to follow, with easier access and more features.
Why have I moved to a Community?
How are Communities different to Public Chats?
What if I want to leave the Community?
In the past you joined a Public Chat by following it, or by downloading a sticker pack which added you as a follower of a specific Public Chat.
As a follower of the Public Chat you are automatically a member of the Community, so you can continue to enjoy the same public content that you enjoyed in the Public Chat.
Back to top
Communities appear in your main chats list for easy access.
Communities have extra capabilities that weren’t available in Public Chats, for example, Polls.
Your phone number and details are not visible to anyone in the Community.
Chat with other members of a Community with hidden-number chats. Hidden-number chats are a safer way to chat, as they do not show the other person in the chat your phone number, and you can’t see theirs.
Everyone can participate in the Community chat, if allowed by the Community’s superadmin.
Learn all about Communities here.
Communities can be snoozed for 30 days, or you can leave them permanently.
Snooze a Community
1. Open the Community you want to snooze
2. Open the Chat Info screen by tapping on the menu button at the top right corner of the screen
3. Scroll down the info screen and tap Snooze for 30 days
A snoozed Community will stay at the bottom of your chat list, and you will not receive any notifications when there is a new action in the chat.
Leave a Community
1. Open the Community you want to leave
2. Open the Chat Info screen by tapping on the Community name or swiping to the left
3. Scroll down the info screen and tap Leave and Delete at the bottom of the screen
Back to top
Last Updated -